Rules of Conduct
RULES OF CONDUCT
AmericanCowboy.com visitors represent a wide variety of backgrounds and interests and, you may encounter content that differs in tone or scope from your own thoughts and beliefs. We hope that you will approach these situations with acceptance.
AmericanCowboy.com is committed to protecting a high level of freedom of expression and to maintaining a welcoming and safe community in which that expression can flourish. We will not censor members for expressing an opinion, within the limits of these Rules of Conduct. We will take action against any behavior that disrupts conversations and community on the Site. AmericanCowboy.com has the right, but not the obligation, to remove or move any user-generated content for any reason, without notice. These Rules of Conduct reflect the standards of behavior our members find acceptable. By registering as a member of AmericanCowboy.com, you agree to the following:
1. Courtesy and Respect: You agree that you will be courteous to every AmericanCowboy.com member, even those whose beliefs you think are false. When debating, express your opinion about a person's ideas, not about them personally. You agree not to make negative personal remarks about other AmericanCowboy.com. members, including negative remarks about their age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, character, appearance, health, mental health, education, or any other personal characteristic. You agree not to create posts and discussions intended to criticize or ridicule other members personally. You agree not to engage in derogatory name-calling or other inflammatory comparisons.
2. Hate Speech: You agree not to engage in hate speech on AmericanCowboy.com. You agree not to allege that groups or individuals deserve violence or attempt to dehumanize or degrade them on the basis of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation.
3. Violence: You agree not to advocate illegal violence against or harassment of groups or individuals, even if religiously motivated.
4. Proselytizing: You agree not to make aggressive, repeated, or unwanted attempts to convert another member's beliefs. Please respect the rights of others to follow their own path.
5. Disruptive behavior: You agree not to disrupt or interfere with community functions. Disruptive behavior may include creating a disproportionate number of comments; creating off-topic comments; making statements that are deliberately inflammatory; manipulating comment topics to disrupt conversation; posting in a language other than English without providing an accurate English translation; expanding a disagreement from one discussion to another; or any behavior that interferes with conversations or inhibits the ability of others to use and enjoy this Web site for its intended purposes.
6. Solicitation: You agree not to use community functions to advertise or solicit on behalf of commercial, religious, charitable or other organizations, causes, products or services. To advertise on AmericanCowboy.com, click here.
7. Spam: You agree not to repeat substantially the same text in more than one location on AmericanCowboy.com.
8. URLS: You may share the URL of a web resource other members may find useful, but you agree not to post URLs repeatedly or for the purpose of promoting a Web site or service (see "Solicitation" above). You agree not to post a hyperlink to or URL of a site that violates these Rules of Conduct. You will not reproduce chain letters, pyramid schemes, mail fraud schemes, or any other unauthorized advertising.
9. Copying posts: You agree not to post or forward transcripts of e-mail or other personal communication without the author's express permission. You agree not to reproduce material from AmericanCowboy.com (including member posts) without express written permission from AmericanCowboy.com.
10. Privacy: You will not collect or use information about users of the Site without their express permission. You agree not to reveal personal information about someone else. AmericanCowboy.comwill remove any post containing a personal telephone number, real name, address, or any information that might reveal someone's geographical location without his or her permission. You will not send e-mail to AmericanCowboy.commembers that would violate these Rules of Conduct. Cautionary Note: AmericanCowboy.comcomments are public, we advise members against revealing any personal information about themselves. If you choose to display your e-mail address to other visitors, please be aware that AmericanCowboy.comhas no control over who uses your e-mail address or for what purpose. If you believe you are the target of a cyber-stalker, please refer to http://www.wiredpatrol.org/stalking for more information.
11. Vulgarity: You agree not to display words, information, or images that are vulgar, obscene, graphically violent, graphically sexual, harm minors in any way, exploit images of children, or are otherwise objectionable. You agree not to post URLs of sites where such words, images or information is displayed. Permission for exceptions to this rule must be obtained from AmericanCowboy.com staff.
12. Images, Text and HTML: You agree to refrain from using visually disruptive or excessively large font sizes and/or images. You agree to use HTML and styles only for text effects (such as bold and italics), to post images, or to create normal hyperlinks. You agree not to upload to AmericanCowboy.com or link to any other code, tags, scripts, audio, animations, file or program. You will not upload, post, link to, e-mail or otherwise transmit any harmful component to AmericanCowboy.com, or deface any portion of the site.
13. Minors: You will not post on AmericanCowboy.com if you are under 18 years of age. Surveys: Researchers who wish to post a survey or ask for information from AmericanCowboy.com members must obtain AmericanCowboy.com permission before doing so.
14. Copying Content: AmericanCowboy.com comments are primarily intended for interactive conversation; members are encouraged to express their own ideas in their own words, not to parrot the words of others. You agree not to create posts that consist substantially of material copied from another source. You agree to respect intellectual property rights when posting on AmericanCowboy.com. You agree not to post copyrighted or trademarked images on AmericanCowboy.com, or to engage in "bandwidth theft." You agree not to post articles or other text from another publication (copyright or not) except as follows: you may quote a small sample, credit the source, post a hyperlink to the author's original, and include your own comments in your own words. . You agree that you will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, lease, reverse engineer, decompile, frame, mirror or disassemble any portion of this Site, or offer to do so.
15. Illegal activities: You will not solicit or promote the use of an illegal substance, promote illegal activity, or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
16. Impersonation: You agree not to impersonate or spoof AmericanCowboy.com members, employees, hosts or volunteers. You agree to create and use no more than one AmericanCowboy.com username, without explicit approval from AmericanCowboy.com staff. You agree not to express or imply that any content or materials you make, submit, or post are endorsed by AmericanCowboy.com or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
18. Complaints: If there are problems on AmericanCowboy.com, we want to know about them so that we can attempt to fix them. You agree to report community-related complaints and problems appropriately: to report a violation of these Rules of Conduct, or to complain about a comment e-mail your complaint to AmericanCowboy.com staff at firstname.lastname@example.org who will review your complaint and take appropriate action. You agree not to post problem reports and complaints publicly on the site, or to comment publicly on host or staff actions. You agree you will not harass AmericanCowboy.com staff. You will not engage in behavior that requires AmericanCowboy.com staff to expend excessive time and/or resources. In addition: - These Rules of Conduct apply to anything you upload to or create on AmericanCowboy.com, including comments, screen names, member profiles, and any other text or images. - We have the right to suspend or terminate your membership for violation of the above rules. - We have the right to reprint from AmericanCowboy.com discussions any post or portion of a post (along with the user name of the AmericanCowboy.com member who posted it) somewhere else on the site or in any other medium (such as American Cowboy magazine, promotional items, etc.). - We neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information, or statement made or displayed in these forums by third parties, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in messages. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained in forums, comment sections, or trip reports. The opinions expressed here are solely the opinions of the commenter and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of AmericanCowboy.com or Active Interest Media.
Please check these guidelines periodically as they may be revised for the protection of our members.